Friday, July 3, 2015

Campfire Stories: Monarch (Prologue)



One of my favorite things is sitting around the campfire, sharing stories. Wood crackling, smoke wafting into the clear night sky, and the yellow and orange flames casting just enough light...  

Unfortunately, the opportunities to share stories around the campfire are few and far between, so I've created a new section to this website for just that reason. 

To share stories as if sitting around a campfire.  

Like campfire stories, these are raw. Unedited, unpolished, told in the moonlight and flicker of flames. The stories here are my B-Sides. The bits and pieces of fiction picked up from the cutting room floor.

The first project is a novel I wrote several years ago called Monarch.  It is a scary story about a monster in a small town.  It was my first attempt at a novel (and probably too ambitious, I'll admit), and I wrote it while in college.  It has sat on my shelf, unpublished, for all these years, but I still think its a good story.  

With this unpublished novel, I'm going to do a web series over the next couple of months, leading up to Halloween. Each Friday, I will post the next chapter.   

So pull up a log, or a rock, or sit in the grass and listen around the campfire. Here is the prologue for Monarch.



No comments:

Post a Comment