Friday, July 24, 2015

The Young Lawyer's Jungle Book

I was packing up some books the other day and came across this gem:


This book has some valuable insight on being an attorney, and was very helpful to me as I graduated from law school and began my career. I've had the opportunity to work for several firms, some small, others big.  The more I've been exposed to this profession, the more I've realized that it is all a song and dance and the people who get ahead are those who know the dance steps. This book outlines, rather well, the important steps one should take to succeed in this profession.  Of course it isn't some magical book that will do wonders for your career, and I don't feel that this book even purports to be such.  It is simply a well-written account of how to do well in this field.  It contains valuable insight on how to interact with people--tips and advice that I found helpful during internships and while interviewing with firms.  Of course there are other ways to get jobs and do well, but anyone interested in succeeding in the legal arena would do well to read this book.  In fact, I wish I had read this book before even starting law school because the song and dance begins long before you land a job.  Because of the honesty about attorneys and the field in general, the book will even help those who are on the fence about pursuing a legal career.

Highly recommended.  Click the picture to link to the book's Amazon page.

Also, posted the new chapter on over at the Campfire.  Enjoy!

1 comment: